To quote Julie, who is hosting this challenge at Booking Mama, “Shelf Discovery is a ‘reading memoir’ which features over 70 MG and YA classics with Ms. Skurnick’s unique impressions.” The goal of this challenge is to read 6 of these classics and write “book reports” on them between November 1, 2009 and April 30, 2010.
I’m trying to stay on the younger side of the age range, because I’m hoping to read a few of these with Amber (9). That’s actually the main reason I’m joining this challenge. I love the idea of sharing these classics with her.
Here’s my list (subject to change of course), a couple I read when I was younger, a couple I didn’t.
- From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E. L. Konigsburg
- Nothing’s Fair in Fifth Grade by Barthe DeClements
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
- Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh
- A Gift of Magic by Lois Duncan
- The Wolves of Willoughby Chase by Joan Aiken
If you would like to join in on the fun, click here.