One new book found it’s way to my house today. Well, actually two, but one is for my husband’s birthday next month and I don’t want to spoil it. I know he reads my posts, so I’ll save that one for after I give it to him. It’s a fun one, though.
(From the publisher)
Traveling abroad with her mother at the turn of the twentieth century to seek a titled husband, beautiful, vivacious Cora Cash, whose family mansion in Newport dwarfs the Vanderbilts’, suddenly finds herself Duchess of Wareham, married to Ivo, the most eligible bachelor in England. Nothing is quite as it seems, however: Ivo is withdrawn and secretive, and the English social scene is full of traps and betrayals. Money, Cora soon learns, cannot buy everything, as she must decide what is truly worth the price in her life and her marriage.
Mailbox Monday is taking a blog tour. This month’s host is Laura at I’m Booking It. Head over there to see what goodies others got in their boxes and to share your own loot.
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. Here’s my report today.
Books Completed Last Week:
- Sea Queens by Jane Yolen (read with Amber)
- I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
- Puss in Boots translated by Malcom Arthur, illustrated by Fred Marcellino
Other Stories Read:
- “The Sea-Maiden” by Joseph Jacobs
- The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom
- In Christ Alone by Sinclair B. Ferguson
- The Ice Princess by Camilla Läckberg
- The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie
- The Black Echo by Michael Connelly
- Silver and Spice by Jennifer Greene
What have you been reading?