I don’t make soups very often, even though we really like them. I actually made this one night after Amber went to bed and reheated it for dinner the next day. While it was simmering that night, I kept thinking how delicious it smelled. And it ended up tasting really yummy. It is a thick soup, more of a stew, and I did add extra broth and crushed tomatoes and used frozen okra.
- 4 baked chicken breasts, diced into small chunks
- 1 1/2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 cup okra, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large celery stalks with leaves, chopped
- 1 15-oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 14-oz. can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Place all ingredients, except chicken, in a large pan and simmer for one hour or until vegetables are soft. Add in chicken and heat thoroughly.
The recipe is from The 17-Day Diet by Dr. Mike Moreno.