My computer is having issues. It won’t get on-line, period. The internet’s just not working, not even e-mail. It’s frustrating. Anyway, that’s why my weekend posts were mostly photos – they’re easier to post from my phone.
I received one book this week.
My Fearful Symmetry by Denise Verrico
(Thanks to the author.)
A boy becomes a vampire and fights to become a man.
Only the most gifted and beautiful Immortyls are chosen to serve Mother Kali as adepts of the ancient arts…
For nineteen-year-old Cedric MacKinnon, the promise of eternal youth and celebrity sounds like a dream come true. It becomes a nightmare when a master vampire plucks the boy from the London streets and spirits him away to India. In the fabled ashram of the adepts of the ancient arts, Cedric undergoes the grueling process of training as a temple dancer and courtesan.
Mailbox Monday is taking a blog tour. This month’s host is Brooke of The Bluestocking Guide. Head over there to see what goodies others got in their boxes and to share your own loot.
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. I have not had a very good reading week. Summer is just so busy, in a good way.
Last Week’s Reviews:
- “and the Crows Followed” (flash fiction)
- Photos: Weirton Veterans Memorial, our garden, and a sparkler from Memorial Day
Finished Last Week:
- “The Tuesday Night Club” by Agatha Christie
- The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente
- Empire Falls by Richard Russo
- Have Gun, Will Play by Camille LaGuire
Currently Listening to:
- The Slippery Slope by Lemony Snicket (with Amber)
- Hamlet by William Shakespeare
- Not sure. I had some plans, but none are really grabbing me now.
What have you been reading?