Okay, I know it’s actually the afternoon now, but I’ve been kinda slow getting going today.
We dropped Amber off at camp yesterday, so she’s not home for the week. Of course it’s going to be miserably hot anyway, so I probably won’t get much done.
Here’s the stack of books I got since my last list. Mailbox Monday is taking a blog tour. This month’s host is Gwendolyn of A Sea of Books.
Bought for Amber, but I’m hoping she’ll let me read them too:
- The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
- Magic and Other Misdemeanors by Michael Buckley
- The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
From Harlequin Ambassadors:
- The Best Laid Plans by Sarah Mayberry
Should be some good reading.
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. I posted a couple of reviews last week and talked about a Native American tale I had never heard before.
- “Three Blind Mice” by Agatha Christie
- “The Star Maiden”
- The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente
I also posted a flash fiction piece,“The Healer”.
I actually finished a few books this week. Surprising, considering how much we spent out at the church.
- Holmes on the Range by Steve Hockensmith
- A New Prospect by Wayne Zurl
- The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente (review here)
- “Bronsky’s Dates with Death” by Peter David
Currently, I’m reading/listening to:
- Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
- Blood from a Stone by Donna Leon
- Ghostliners by Robert D. Ballard (will continue once Amber gets home)
What are you reading?