I had kind of an odd week last week. I was off work but spent every day driving Amber to and from day camp at the art museum and wasting time during the day. It was actually pretty tiring. Then we spent the weekend at the lake, so I haven’t had much computer time this week.
I did receive a few books over the last couple of weeks. Mailbox Monday is taking a blog tour. This month’s host is Staci at Life in the Thumb.
- The Stranger You Seek by Amanda Kyle Williams (ARC from Random House)
- The Silver Skull by Mark Chadbourn (from Paperbackswap)
- The Best American Short Stories 2011 edited by Geraldine Brooks and Heidi Pitlor (from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt via NetGalley)
- The Best American Mystery Stories 2011 edited by Harlan Coben and Otto Penzler (from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt via NetGalley)
- The Damned Highway: Fear and Loathing in Arkham by Nick Mamatos and Brian Keene (from Dark Horse via NetGalley)
- Strange Neighbors by Ashlyn Chase (purchased. currently free for Kindle)
I’m looking forward to reading them.
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. This past week I had a Wild West theme here at my notebook.
- Have Gun, Will Play by Camille LaGuire
- “War Party” by Louis L’Amour
- Teaser from Wilder’s Mate
- Wordless Wednesday
- Bad Hand Man by K. H. Koehler
- “Teething Toy”
- Holmes on the Range by Steve Hockensmith
- Etsy Finds
I finished a few books this week: two mysteries, Blood from a Stone by Donna Leon and The Hanging Wood by Martin Edwards, and one engrossing novel, The Butterfly Cabinet by Bernie McGill. I’ll have to get the reviews up soon.
Currently, I’m reading/listening to:
- A Fatal Grace by Louise Penny
- The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
- Fun and Games by Duane Swierczynski
- Belladonna in Hollywood by Alex Severin
What are you reading?