First, I have a winner to announce. Congratulations to Irene of Author Exposure. You won a copy of The Blue Light Project. I’ve passed your address on to the publicist. I hope you enjoy the book!
I had kind of an odd week last week. I was off work but spent every day driving Amber to and from day camp at the art museum and wasting time during the day. It was actually pretty tiring. Then we spent the weekend at the lake, so I haven’t had much computer time this week.
I did receive a few books over the last couple of weeks. Mailbox Monday is taking a blog tour. This month’s host is Staci at Life in the Thumb.
- The Stranger You Seek by Amanda Kyle Williams (ARC from Random House)
- The Silver Skull by Mark Chadbourn (from Paperbackswap)
- The Best American Short Stories 2011 edited by Geraldine Brooks and Heidi Pitlor (from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt via NetGalley)
- The Best American Mystery Stories 2011 edited by Harlan Coben and Otto Penzler (from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt via NetGalley)
- The Damned Highway: Fear and Loathing in Arkham by Nick Mamatos and Brian Keene (from Dark Horse via NetGalley)
- Strange Neighbors by Ashlyn Chase (purchased. currently free for Kindle)
I’m looking forward to reading them.
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. This past week I had a Wild West theme here at my notebook.
- Have Gun, Will Play by Camille LaGuire
- “War Party” by Louis L’Amour
- Teaser from Wilder’s Mate
- Wordless Wednesday
- Bad Hand Man by K. H. Koehler
- “Teething Toy”
- Holmes on the Range by Steve Hockensmith
- Etsy Finds
I finished a few books this week: two mysteries, Blood from a Stone by Donna Leon and The Hanging Wood by Martin Edwards, and one engrossing novel, The Butterfly Cabinet by Bernie McGill. I’ll have to get the reviews up soon.
Currently, I’m reading/listening to:
- A Fatal Grace by Louise Penny
- The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
- Fun and Games by Duane Swierczynski
- Belladonna in Hollywood by Alex Severin
What are you reading?
Thank you for the sponsoring the giveaway, Carol! Looking forward to reading The Blue Light Project.
I have just begun reading The Best American Mystery Stories 2011.
Looks like you have some great reads coming up! Enjoy!
Enjoy your reading this week 🙂
I saw the short stories at Netgalley and wished I had more free reading time so that I could have requested it. As it is I’ve got lots of good stuff to read. 🙂
It’s amazing how tiring running errands is. Enjoy your new books!
Hope you can rest up from your week “off.” Enjoy your new books!
Sometimes you need a vacation from your vacation. Best American Mysteries sounds good.. maybe it will be out in audio… I’ll have to watch for that.
Congrats to the winner.
The Best American Short Stories 2011 sounds good. I agree, sometimes you need a vacation after your vacation 🙂
The Stranger You Seek has been in quite a few mailboxes. I hope you enjoy it.
I love short stories. It almost makes me wish I had the patience to read ebooks.
I love my Kindle!
Oh, The Westing Game! I loved that as a kid! Brings back old memories. I think a reread is coming up…
Enjoy them all.
Looks like I downloaded a lot of the same books!! My Kindle cover is exactly like yours! 😀