We had a great time this weekend. Saturday we had a community carnival at our church and went to the races at Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway. Maybe I’ll post pictures somewhere later this week. Sunday my mom and I went to see The Help at the theater, which was really good.
- India Black and the Widow of Windsor by Carol K. Carr (Thanks to the author and her publicist)
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain (from Crown)
- Jacob T. Marley by R. William Bennett (from Smith Publicity via NetGalley)
- Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen (purchased. currently free for Kindle)
I didn’t have a very good reading week this past week. The only books I finished was Witch Bell by Joan Lennon.
Here’s my list of posts for the past week, most of which are just kind of random.
- a drawing Amber did
- Witch Bell by Joan Lennon (a review)
- Spinach-Mushroom Quiche (with recipe)
- “In the Clearing” (flash fiction)
- “The Challenge with Sequels” by Richard Blunt (guest post)
- Hoodwinked Too! (2011)
- “A Bridge Under Water” by Tom Bissell (review)
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.
Currently, I’m reading/listening to:
- Belladonna in Hollywood by Alex Severn- I’ve actually set this aside for a little while
- Spinsters in Jeopardy by Ngaio Marsh- Thank heavens I’m almost done with this one. I’m not really enjoying it very much.
- Magic and Other Misdemeanors by Michael Buckley – I’m reading this with Amber. It’s a cute enough series.
- Between the Thames and the Tiber by Ted Riccardi – I love Holmes, but am not in love with this group of stories.
Looking over my list, maybe that explains why I see to be slow finishing them. They’re just not that great. Oh, well. So, what are you reading?
And don’t forget Book Blogger Appreciation Week starts today.