1) Have you ever been to the opera? No, I don’t think I’ve ever been to an opera. I’d like to one day.
2) Maria Callas was often called a “diva.” Is that a compliment or a criticism? Both, I think. A diva is a wonderful singer, but the term also implies that she knows it, that she expects to be treated as a special person, to have her wants attended to at all times. A diva can be difficult to work with or for, but she’s worth the effort.
3) Aida was composed by famous Italian Giusseppe Verdi. In addition to opera, what else can the world thank Italy for? Spaghetti and sauce, pizza, gelato, great art and music, fast cars. . .
4) Verdi was Italian and Callas was Greek. Would you rather vacation in Italy or Greece? Italy – the food, the art, the architecture. It’s actually on my bucket list.
5) The Marx Bros. starred in A Night at the Opera. What’s the funniest movie you have ever seen? I don’t know, I don’t really watch funny movies. The Hangover, maybe.
6) What’s for dinner tonight? Not sure yet. Spaghetti bolognese, probably.
7) Are you wearing any jewelry right now? My wedding ring.
8) Sam Winters has a scratchy throat and watery eyes. How do you treat the common cold? Cold medicine and coffee. Or cold medicine and curling up under a blanket on the couch and going to sleep.
9) Do you need your glasses (or contacts) when you drive? I need my glasses all the time. I can’t see much without them.