Title: Saving Grace
Author: Pamela Fagan Hutchins
Published: September 23, 2012
Rating: 3½ out of 5 stars
For me, Saving Grace had two parts, the portions set in Dallas, which I didn’t enjoy, and the parts on St. Marcos which I loved.
First Dallas. Katie’s life is a wreck there and to be honest I didn’t like her. She drinks way too much, is pining after a man who doesn’t seem to have any interest in her whatsoever, hates her job, and lets her friends down. Thank heavens she needed closure after her parents deaths and headed off to St. Marcos.
Now, St. Marcos is an entirely different story. A fresh start suits Katie. She meets Ava who helps her relax and, though Ava is a bit on the wild side, they become good friends quickly. But then vacation ends and Katie heads back to Dallas. I didn’t want her to, so I was quite happy when her offer on an abadoned mansion on the island is accepted and she heads back to St. Marcos permanently. To be honest, I wanted to go with her. Warm sun, sand, good food, music, tropical flowers and drinks – sign me up, especially on these cold wintery days.
The mysteries were actually well done, both who killed Katie’s parents and who stabbed the senator. The clues were there and the various suspects, motives and suspicious behaviors, but it didn’t feel like a typical mystery. That portion of the plot was fairly even with Katie’s journey to becoming sober, putting her old life behind her, starting over. It was as much novel as it was a who dunnit, which I guess explains why it’s advertised as myster/women’s fiction.
And the mansion is haunted, there’s no question about it, but the spirit is a friendly one, at least in her interactions with Katie and her friends.
I was happy to read that this is the first is a planned trilogy. I’m looking forward to reading more of Katie and company’s adventures. And to returning to the islands.
~ ~ ~ Kindle Fire HD ~ ~ ~
Pump Up Your Book and Pamela Fagan Hutchins are teaming up to give you a chance to win a Kindle Fire HD!
Here’s how it works:
This promotion will run through March 29. The winner will be chosen randomly by Rafflecopter, contacted by email and announced on March 30, 2013. Visit each blog stop below to gain more entries as the Rafflecopter widget will be placed on each blog for the duration of the tour.
This giveaway is only open to those over the age of 18. You must be a resident of the U.S. to win.
ENTER TO WIN!
Saving Grace Virtual Book Publicity Tour Schedule
- Wednesday, January 2 Interview at Blogcritics
- Thursday, January 3 Watch the AuthorVid at Pump Up Your Book!
- Friday, January 4 Interview at A Blue Million Books
- Monday, January 7 Interview at Review From Here
- Tuesday, January 8 First Chapter Reveal at As the Pages Turn
- Wednesday, January 9 Interview at As the Pages Turn
- Thursday, January 10 Book Trailer Reveal at Parenting from a child’s point of view
- Friday, January 11 Guest Blogging at Confessions of a Reader
- Monday, January 14 Book Review at Community Bookstop
- Tuesday, January 15 First Chapter Review at Literarily Speaking
- Wednesday, January 16 Character Dear Readers Guest Post at Literarily Speaking
- Thursday, January 17 Interview at Literarily Speaking
- Friday, January 18 Book Review at The Socialite’s Closet
- Monday, January 21 First Chapter Review at The Book Connection
- Tuesday, January 22 Interview at Between the Covers
- Thursday, January 24 Book Feature at Monique Morgan
- Friday, January 25 Book Review at All Grown Up
- Monday, February 4 Character Interview at Beyond the Books
- Tuesday, February 5 Book Review at Workaday Reads
- Wednesday, February 6 Interview at I Am a Reader, Not a Writer
- Thursday, February 7 Interview at Books Books the Magical Fruit
- Friday, February 8 Guest Blogging at Monique Morgan
- Monday, February 11 Book Trailer Reveal at Library Girl Reads
- Tuesday, February 12 Book Review at Carol’s Notebook
- Wednesday, February 13 Guest Blogging at From the TBR Pile
- Thursday, February 14 Book Trailer Reveal at The Diva’s Bookcase
- Friday, February 15 Book Review at The Diva’s Bookcase
- Monday, February 18 Book Review & Book Giveaway at My Cozie Corner
- Tuesday, February 19 Guest Blogging at The Other Side of the Story
- Wednesday, February 20 Interview at The Dark Phantom
- Thursday, February 21 Guest Blogging at Lori’s Reading Corner
- Friday, February 22 Book Feature at My Devotional Thoughts
- Monday, February 25 Book Trailer Reveal at IceFairy’s Treasure Chest
- Friday, February 28 Book Review at Books Books and More Books
- Monday, March 4 Guest Blogging at Beyond the Books
- Tuesday, March 5 Interview at Book Marketing Buzz
- Wednesday, March 6 Interview at Examiner
- Thursday, March 7 Book Review at Waiting on Sunday to Drown
- Friday, March 8 Book Review & Guest Blogging at Jersey Girl Book Reviews
- Monday, March 11 Interview at Broowaha
- Tuesday, March 12 Guest Blogging at A Little Bit of R&R
- Wednesday, March 13 Interview at The Writer’s Life
- Thursday, March 14 Book Review at Not Now…Mommy’s Reading
- Friday, March 15 Book Feature at Book Him Danno!
- Monday, March 18 Guest Blogging at The Story Behind the Book
- Tuesday, March 19 Book Review at Miki’s Hope
- Wednesday, March 20 Book Trailer Reveal at Thoughts in Progress
- Thursday, March 21 Book Review at Inside BJ’s Head
- Friday, March 22 Book Review at Mom in Love With Fiction
- Monday, March 25 Book Review at Bunny’s Review
- Friday, March 26 Book Review at Teena in Toronto and Book Review at Kaisy Daisy’s Corner