There are some books I would love to see as movies or tv shows, assuming that they do it it right and don’t ruin the story or cast totally inappropriate people. Then there are some books that might actually work better as movies than they did as books. Now if some of these have already been made into movies or shows, I haven’t seen them – and they were probably disappointing anyway.
Top Ten Books I’d Love to See as a Movie or TV Show
- The Inspector Gamache series by Louise Penny – Awesome characters and good plots. Actually, I think they’re working on the first one.
- Missing Barbados by Willem Pain – with the tropical location and all the explosions/crashes, it seems like it might make a better action movie than it did book.
- 1222 by Anne Holt – the setting is rather small, a hotel, and the time a matter of days, but I think the atmosphere, being trapped with a killer might work well.
- How to Date a Henchman by Mari Fee – Superhero romance, and not another Batman/Superman remake.
- The Yard by Alex Grecian – I’m a sucker for historical mysteries, in books or movies.
- Whiplash River by Lou Berney – Alright, maybe I have a thing for quirky crime stories, but they translate well to the screen, too.
- India Black by Carol K. Carr – James Bond, except a woman in the Victorian Era. Spy fun in gorgeous clothes.
- The Salvu Montalbano series by Andrea Camilleri or the Brunetti series by Donna Leon- Yes, I have a thing for detective stories. And Italy.
- Any Way You Want It by Kathy Love – Music and Sexy vampires. I think it would have an audience.
- Have Gun, Will Play by Camille LaGuire – I felt like I needed a Western to round out my list.