Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things encountered during the week, etc.) Head over to her blog to link-up.
1. My co-worker’s daughter made cookies and sent some for me – Halloween sugar cookies and a chocolate chip cookie. Isn’t that sweet? Wish she would teach Amber how to make them. I’m not much of a baker myself.
2. We went to the high school football game Friday. Our team won, which was nice. I’m not sure what their record is now. Amber’s in the band, which is why we go, but I have to admit the games just seem to keep getting longer and more boring.
3. David and I are going to a wedding in Lancaster, PA in October and we just made our hotel reservation. Apparently we should have done it a while ago, because a lot of the hotels are already full. We’re guessing it’s people going to see leaves and fall festivals in Amish land.
4. I wish I had kept more of the classics I read in school. We had to buy a copy of Canterbury Tales for Amber on Saturday. I’m sure it’s one I owned at some point in time.
5. I DNF’ed Weycombe by G. M. Maillet. It wasn’t grabbing my attention and there are just too many other books I want to read this fall. I didn’t care about the murder victim or the amateur detective or any of the neighbors.
6. I’ve finished 4 books for RIP XII so far. I love fall reading. Right now I’m in the middle of Slade House by David Mitchell on audio and Death at Breakfast by Beth Gutcheon in paperback. So far I’m not in love with either, but we’ll see.
7. This week I’ve got a couple meetings and I really need to get cracking on my CE. My goal is to finish the “class” I’m working on now by Wednesday. It’s just so slow and boring.
How was your week? Any plans for this week?