Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things encountered during the week, etc.) Head over to her blog to link-up.
1. I finally finished my CE classes. I’m glad we only have to do them every couple of years. Granted, they’re not too much work, but, just to let you know, insurance is generally not very exciting, and neither is 4 hours on “insuring the home business.”
2. Friday we went to see the Wheeling Nailers hockey game. A friend of David’s won tickets but couldn’t use them, so he gave them to us. It was a fun game and we actually won. It was Marvel night, so our team had Captain America jerseys and the other guys had Iron Man, which was cool.
3 I go a new car Saturday. It’s just the new model of my old car, but it makes me happy. I think maybe I should name it Gerda.
4. My birthday is this week, but my early present was opera tickets for today. We saw The Marriage of Figaro in Pittsburgh and really enjoyed it. One of my friends who sings in the chorus sometimes said it was a good first opera and she was right. None of the three of us have been to the opera before, but I’m sure we’ll go again.
5.. Our church is a collection point for Operation Christmas Child for the first time this year and David and I are working the Tuesday evening shift. I’m not sure how busy we’ll be or how hard it will be.
6. Amber got her first college application submitted and is working on finishing uploading her portfolio. I’m really hoping she gets in to her first choice, but we’ll see. Any of her top three picks would be good fits.
7. We didn’t get to see Thor or Murder on the Orient Express this weekend. Hopefully next weekend. If I can only go see one, which do you think it should be?
8. I’m really in the mood for Christmas reading but still need to finish my fall choices. I finished The Invisible Man yesterday, but am still working on The Woman in White. Of course, putting it aside for the HoHoHo Readathon doesn’t help. The first Christmas parade Amber’s band plays in is in Wheeling on Friday. I need to make sure I pick up some hand and foot warmers this weekend. I hate standing in the cold in the dark, even for a parade.
How was your week? Any plans for this week?