I looked back to see what books I was reading 10 years ago. One of the books I read was outstanding, most were unmemorable.
- The Heretic’s Daughter by Kathleen Kent – I don’t remember this one at all, but I gave it 4 stars at the time.
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson was fantastic. It’s interesting that we actually watched the most recent Lisbeth Salander movie last week.
- Too Tall Alice by Barbara Worton – I don’t remember reading this one with Amber at all. And I’m not sure why I would have read a book about being too tall, that’s one thing neither Amber nor I have ever worried about.
- A Killer Collection by J. B. Stanley – This looks like it was a cozy mystery. I don’t remember it, but that’s really no surprise, cozy mysteries can blend together, especially when you’ve only read one in a series.
- Eve of the Emperor Penguin by Mary Pope Osborne – We read a lot of the Magic Tree House Series. They were fun and educational.
- Size 2 for Life by Ashley Marriott – Obviously this one wasn’t useful long term. I’m still not a size 2.
- Second Glance by Jodi Picoult – I’ve never been a giant Jodi Picoult fan. My comments at the time seem like I enjoyed, but her books are usually a little too much for me.
- My Kids, My Goodness by Nesta Aharoni was a parenting book. I’m not sure if I took any of the advice or not.
I miss reading the middle school books. I know I could just read them, but for me there just not as fun if you’re not reading them with a kid. I think my non-fiction choices have improved over the years, and I like that I’ve been trying to read at least one classic a month, something I didn’t bother with 10 years ago. I do still enjoy a good mystery.
How has your reading changed over the years?