The idea is to list 20 of the books on your Classics Club list before September 23 when the wheel will turn and reveal the winning number. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by October 31.
My Book Spin List –
- The 13 Clocks by James Thurber
- Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith
- The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John Le Carré
- The Nine Tailors by Dorothy L Sayers
- The Mystery of Edwin Drood by Charles Dickens
- Dead Souls by Nikolai Gogol
- The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wild
- Orlando by Virginia Woolf
- In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
- The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
- The Blue Castle by Lucy Maud Montgomery
- Orient Express by Graham Greene
- Double Indemnity by James M. Cain
- Anatomy of a Murder by Robert Traver
- Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
- Confessions of an English Opium-Eater by Thomas De Quincey
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
- The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham
- The Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
I’m right in the middle of Bleak House now, so I’m kind of hoping for something not too long. I also debated putting Edwin Drood on the list; I’m not sure I want to read another Dickens so soon, but it does seem fall-ish, so I left it on.
Have you read any of these and loved them? Any I should hope the wheel doesn’t land on?
The Spin landed on #5, so looks like I’ll be reading The Nine Tailors by Dorothy L Sayers. I’m debating whether to pick up a paperback or settle with an eBook.