Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon is today!!
What is Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-thon? For 24 hours, we read books, post to our blogs, Twitters, Instagrams, Litsy, Facebook, Goodreads and MORE about our reading, and visit other readers’ homes online. We also participate in mini-challenges throughout the day.
I will be participating as much as I can, but I admit I always fall asleep way before the 24 hours is through. We might go on an artist’s studio tour today, too, which will cut down on my time.
I will also be posting on instagram, etc, randomly through the day. The official tag is #readathon.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Eastern Ohio
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I don’t know. First I’ll be finishing the ones I’m in the middle of.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I bought some turnovers to bake this evening.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’m married and have a 17 year old daughter. I tend to read mostly mysteries. I stayed up too late last night playing a board game, Terra Mystica.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I won’t really do anything different from my last one. I tend to not put too much pressure on myself and just participate as I can.
Now I’m off to get my hair done. I’ll be reading The Freedom Broker by K. J. Howe while the color is setting. This afternoon we’re planning on going to an artists’ studio tour, so most of my reading will be this evening.