I’m tired of snow. Have I mentioned that lately? I keep threatening not to come out of the house until April. Luckily David deals with all the shoveling and what-not, so I guess I shouldn’t complain too loudly.
February was a pretty quiet month at our house, nothing major going on. We had David’s folks and brother over to watch the Super Bowl and we watched the Olympics a fair amount. Amber missed a bunch of days because of the snow, but she’s definitely not complaining.
I read or listened to 11 books, 3 short stories and 2 fairy tales, even though my comments aren’t up yet for all of them.
- The Girl who Spun Gold by Virginia Hamilton
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- The Inimitable Jeeves by P. G. Wodehouse
- The Bug Scientists by Donna M. Jackson
- Spider’s Bite by Jennifer Estep
- The Problem Child by Michael Buckley
- The Princess and the Pea by Lauren Child
- The Vintage Caper by Peter Mayle
- Mystery of Merlin and the Gruesome Ghost by Nate Evans, Paul Hindman, Vince Evans
- Shadow Blade by Seressia Glass
- My Heart Is Like a Zoo by Michael Hall
- “Mr. Skelmersdale in Fairyland” by H. G. Wells
- “Chicxulbub” by T. C. Boyle
- “The Millennium Party” by Walter Jon Williams
- “The Real Princess” by Hans Christian Andersen
- “The Emperor’s New Clothes” by Hans Christian Andersen
My favorite this month was definitely The Help. It really is a wonderful book.
I’ve started participating in a couple of weekly events, Short Story Monday and Fairy Tale Friday. I’m really enjoying both of them. I’ve never been much of a short story reader, but it’s amazing how much good writers can pack into just a few pages, and I’m learning bits about fairy tales that I’ve either forgotten or never knew.
I also received several book in February that I haven’t gotten a chance to read yet.
- Elantris by Brandon Sanderson – I won this in a giveaway. Thanks, Cecelia!
- To Sin with a Scoundrel by Cara Elliott – From the publisher for a blog tour.
- A Week in December by Sebastian Faulks – From the publisher.
- Denise’s Daily Dozen by Denise Austin – Another win. Thanks, Kim!
- The Eastern Stars by Mark Kulansky – Received from the publisher.
- Catch of a Lifetime by Judy Fennell – I won at Wendy’s Minding Spot. Thanks!
- The Confident Woman by Joyce Meyer – I won at Reading at the Beach. Thanks, Vicki!
- We the Children by Andrew Clements – Received from the publisher.
- The Man from Saigon by Marti Leimbach – Received from the publisher.
- Jordan by Susan Kearney – Received from the publisher for a tour.
- Heresy by S. J. Parris – From the publisher.
- Marrying for King’s Millions by Maureen Child – Gift from Harlequin Ambassadors.
Looking ahead to March, I’ve got a couple of giveaways scheduled. Oh, and the 20th is the first day of Spring! Yay!