The Women Unbound challenge finished up today. Here’s what I read that I think fits the topic.
- Embroideries by Marjane Satrapi – fascinating look at women’s lives and relationships in Iran
- Stop Calling Him Honey and Start Having Sex! by Maggie Arana and Julienne Davis – really much more about empowering women than the title implies
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett – one of my favorites of the year
- The Miracle Worker by William Gibson – Annie Sullivan was just an amazing young woman and this play gave me a new respect for her
- Hotel du Lac by Anita Brookner – a modern classic about a woman and her relationships
I think it’s important to share stories about great or interesting women and girls with our kids, so here are a couple of books that fit in this challenge that I’ve read with my daughter.
- Thank You, Sarah by Laura Halse Anderson– (Non-fiction)
- Quest for the Tree Kangaroo by Sy Montgomery – (Non-fiction)