Rekha at The Book Decoder is hosting the British Crime Classics Challenge again this year. The rules are simple — read British mysteries written before 1965, but this year, we have themes.
- Read a book by your favourite author: The Hollow by Agatha Christie
- Read a book by an author new to you.
- A Favorite Detective:
- A Favorite Amateur Sleuth: A Murder Is Announced by Agatha Christie
- A Re-read: Lord Edgware Dies by Agatha Christie
- Death by Strangulation | Death by Poison | Death by Drowning | Death by Stabbing: Murder Is Easy by Agatha Christie
- The curious case of the missing documents:
- A Mystery set in a Foreign Land:
- A Mysterious Journey:
- Spooky Doobie Doo:
- Locked Room Mystery | Trapped on an island:
- Cliched tropes:
Pick a theme and read as many books as you want. Or, choose one book for each theme. Or, pick as many themes as you wish and read a book for each. The choice is yours. You can always go back to reading the mystery classics without following any theme. I’m going to try to read a book for each theme. The hasthtag is #BritishCrimeClassicsChallenge.