I like lists. I have To Be Read lists – for both books I own and books I wish I owned. I have a bucket list and am working on a couple of local to-do lists. I make grocery lists, even if
Every once in a while I partipcipate in Top Ten Tuesdays – because I like lists.
Today’s topic is Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books (anything that inspires you, challenges you, makes you think, encourages you, etc.). When I’m reading/listening to a book, often a passage will catch my attention, but I’m usually lousy about actually writing them down. I should fix that. Today I’m sharing some quotes I like by authors I’ve read, but not necessarily quotes that I marked at the time I read them, if that makes sense. And they’re not necessarily inspirational, just ones I like.
1. “Stories never really end…even if the books like to pretend they do. Stories always go on. They don’t end on the last page, any more than they begin on the first page.” ― Cornelia Funke, Inkspell
2. “’Fairy Tales always have a happy ending.’ That depends… on whether you are Rumpelstiltskin or the Queen.” ― Jane Yolen, Briar Rose
3. “My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage.” – Aunt Frances ― Alice Hoffman, Practical Magic
4. “Instinct is a marvelous thing. It can neither be explained nor ignored.” ― Agatha Christie, The Mysterious Affair at Styles
5. “Life is choice. All day, everyday. Who we talk to, where we sit, what we say, how we say it. And our lives become defined by our choices. It’s as simple and as complex as that. And as powerful. so when I’m observing that’s what I’m watching for. The choices people make.” ― Louise Penny, Still Life
6. “Paranoid? Probably. But just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean there isn’t an invisible demon about to eat your face.” ― Jim Butcher, Storm Front
7. “You’re only a man! You’ve not our gifts! I can tell you! Why, a woman can think of a hundred different things at once, all them contradictory!” ― Georgette Heyer, Powder And Patch
8. “There are always loose ends in real life.” ― Robert Galbraith, The Silkworm
9. “Belief in mysteries, any manner of mysteries, is the only lasting luxury in life.” ― Zilpha Keatley Snyder, The Witches of Worm
10. “You never can tell / From a Minnipin’s hide / What color he is / Down deep inside.” ― Carol Kendall, The Gammage Cup
Do you have a favorite quote? You can find all the Top Ten Tuesdays at The Broke and the Bookish.
This is my L post for the A to Z Blogging Challenge.