Join in at Booking through Thursday.
Which do you prefer? (Quick answers–we’ll do more detail at some later date)
- Reading something frivolous? Or something serious? Frivolous, at least usually.
- Paperbacks? Or hardcovers? Paperbacks, because they are easier to carry around in my bag.
- Fiction? Or Nonfiction? Fiction.
- Poetry? Or Prose? Prose.
- Biographies? Or Autobiographies? Autobiographies.
- History? Or Historical Fiction? Historical fiction.
- Series? Or Stand-alones? This is a tough one. I honestly don’t know, since both have their benefits and drawbacks. Today I’ll say stand-alones.
- Classics? Or best-sellers? Bestsellers, generally.
- Lurid, fruity prose? Or straight-forward, basic prose? Straight-forward, basic prose.
- Plots? Or Stream-of-Consciousness? Plots, definitely.
- Long books? Or Short? It depends on my mood.
- Illustrated? Or Non-illustrated? Non-illustrated.
- Borrowed? Or Owned? I prefer owned, but I tend to borrow a lot from the library.
- New? Or Used? Used is cheaper, new is somehow funner.
What about you?
This was fun, but I had a hard time with the either/or questions. Guess I just don’t do well with quick answers, but you did a great job!
I prefer stand-alones, although I did read the Harry Potter series!
Booking through preferences
This is such a great BTT question. It’s been fun reading everyone’s answers. I haven’t done it, but mine would be the word “both” in almost every category!
It was really hard to decide between the choices given.
I find it difficult to capture my reading behavior in multiple choices! This week’s question is difficult!
I prefer a plot-driven novel that slowly unfolds in fruity and lush prose, with multiple layers and allusion that indulge my mind long after I turn the last page like the lingering aftertaste of a good glass of wine.
I’ve with you on paperbacks, plots, and on both used and new having their advantages. Some of the others are hard for me to pick, though!
We are such opposites! Questions like these may be revealing but I most like the fact that it highlights all the different ways to enjoy reading :0)