Fall just seems the perfect time to curl up on the couch under an afghan with a cup of coffee and a spooky, mysterious, scary, thrilling, eerie book. I’m giving in to the urge and joining the RIP challenge, hosted by Stainless Steel Droppings. I’m only committing to Peril the Third, which is one book, but hopefully I’ll read more that fit these categories: mystery, suspense, thriller, dark fantasy, gothic, horror, supernatural. The challenge runs through October 31.
Here is a list of books I may be pulling from. Of course, I might read entirely different ones altogether.
- The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
- Salem’s Lot by Stephen King
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- The Ghost Writer by Josh Harwood
- The Wolves of Willoughby Chase by Joan Aiken