44 Random Questions
I’m stealing this from Ryan over at Wordsmithonia. It seemed like fun.
1. Do you like blue cheese? No.
2. Have you ever been drunk? Yes, but it’s been a while.
3. Do you own a gun? Yes, actually. It’s a reproduction black-powder Colt that a crazy man gave me once upon a time. It’s beautiful, which is why I keep it. We don’t have any ammunition for it and I don’t know how to shoot or load it.
4. What flavor of Kool Aid was your favorite? Red. I’m not sure what flavor it was.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Yes, definitely.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I like them, but only grilled or over a fire. I cook them fairly often, though, because they’re a perfect match for mac and cheese out of the box.
7. Favorite Christmas movie? There are several. Charlie Brown’s Christmas, The Muppet Christmas Carol, the traditional Christmas Carol. I’m sure I’ll think of more in a couple of months.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Black coffee or skim milk.
9. Can you do push ups? No. I guess I can, technically, I just don’t.
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My sapphire ring. It’s my replacement engagement ring.
11. Favorite hobby? Reading, scrapbooking when I have the money, playing the piano.
12. Do you have A.D.D.? No.
13. What’s your favorite shoe? My brown Crocs. I know they’re not pretty, but they are comfortable, you can wear them with socks or without, and they have three buttony things, a Mickey Mouse, a Kermit and a baseball.
14. Middle name? Sue
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? I’m hungry. I wish I could take a nap. I should probably be actually working instead of doing this.
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Water, coffee, Dr. Pepper.
17. Current worry? When David’ll get a new job, and whether he’ll actually like it when he does.
18. Current hate right now? Our groundhog. It ate all my parsley. (I actually deleted my first answer – my Wednesday Night Bible Study, because I don’t hate it, I just don’t like it.)
19. Dum da dum dummmm what is that? Spoooooky.
20. How did you bring in the new year? We went to Pittsburgh’s First Night for a while and then came back home.
21. Where would you like to go? The Grand Canyon, France, Italy, England, a tropical island, back to Disney World, North Carolina. I could keep going on.
22. Name three people who will complete this? Don’t know.
23. Do you own slippers? Yes, my husband bought me a nice pair that I wear all the time. They’re kind of a tan color and warm and fuzzy.
24. What color shirt are you wearing right now? White shirt, light green sweater
25. Do you like sleeping on Satin sheets? No, I would use flannel sheets all year long, if I could.
26. Can you whistle? Yes, but not well
27. Favorite color? Purple
28. Would you be a pirate? No, way too dirty and pillaging and plundering sounds like a lot of work.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don’t sing in the shower. It’s too early and I’m not quite awake yet.
30. Favorite Girl’s Name? Amberleigh
31. Favorite boy’s name? Daniel? Jackson?
32. What’s in your pocket right now? A penny. No, it’s not lucky or anything, I just happen to have one in my pocket.
33. Last thing that made you laugh? My husband’s expression as he read Sex, Drugs and Gefilte Fish over my shoulder last night.
34. Best bed sheets as a child? Yeah, I don’t actually remember my childhood that well.
35. Worst injury you’ve ever had as a child? I don’t think I’ve ever had a “worst” injury. I’ve never even had stitches.
36. Do you love where you live? Most of the time. I think most places have their good points and bad points.
37. Revenge of the Nerds or Fast Times at Ridgemont High? Revenge of the Nerds
38. Who is your loudest friend? I’m going to have to refrain from answering on the off-chance he reads this.
39. How many dogs do you have? One, a mutt named Scrappy. He looks like he might be part Setter.
40. Does someone have a crush on you? Does my husband count?
41. What is your favorite book? This one’s just too hard to answer. Who can pick one out of so many?
42. What is your favorite candy? Candy corn, marshmallow peeps, chocolate of all kinds, that peppermint bark you get at Christmas.
43. Favorite Sports Team? Pittsburgh Pirates (yeah, I know, but we’re still rebuilding, really.)
44. What song do you want played at your funeral? I don’t know. I’ve never really thought about it. An upbeat hymn.
You have some great answers! These questions are so much fun.
#44 – Lord of the Dance?
I don’t think I’d have the courage to be anywhere near blue cheese. Oh gosh… can’t stand the smell!
Okay, sis… let’s see how alike we are (not)
1. Do you like blue cheese? Yes
2. Have you ever been drunk? Yes (‘nough said)
3. Do you own a gun? Yes, a single barrel, single-shot shot gun for trap shooting.
4. What flavor of Kool Aid was your favorite? Grape; that goes for bubble-yum, jolly ranchers and jelly too.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Only if I don’t know why I’m there.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? A good dog is good. A bad dog is bad. Ten-cent dogs at a Columbus Clippers game are awesome!
7. Favorite Christmas movie? I like a Christmas Carol, but only the one with George C. Scott.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Black coffee, maybe some OJ if I’m having a “real” breakfast.
9. Can you do push ups? About 20 in 60 seconds.
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding ring. Aside from that, the gold cufflinks I got from my grandpa.
11. Favorite hobby? It’s a tie between leather work and playing board games.
12. Do you have A.D.D.? I don’t think… look, a penny!
13. What’s your favorite shoe? Brake… I’d crash without them.
14. Middle name? Edwin (pretty sweet, huh?)
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? I’m hungry. Only 10 minutes until I’m off work. My stomach growles really loudly!
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Coffee, water, beer… just about every day… in that order (coffee until noon, water until dinner, beer until bedtime).
17. Current worry? Is my sister going to bring her dog to the cabin? Will I have to kill it?
18. Current hate right now? Hate is such a strong word… I have many annoyances, but no hates.
19. Dum da dum dummmm what is that? Short a “dum” right before the long one.
20. How did you bring in the new year? Game night at friends’ house.
21. Where would you like to go? That’s like asking what I’d like to eat… too long a list. Easier to say where I’d like not to go.
22. Name three people who will complete this? My sister, me and whoever started it.
23. Do you own slippers? Yes, but they’re a synthetic fiber and make my feet sweat too much. I don’t like them and want a new pair.
24. What color shirt are you wearing right now? Brown, yellow, and red striped
25. Do you like sleeping on Satin sheets? Sure.
26. Can you whistle? Like Otis Redding…
27. Favorite color? Orange
28. Would you be a pirate? Likely not… probably hard to get insurance being a pirate, wouldn’t you think?
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Classic rock, man!
30. Favorite Girl’s Name? Olivia
31. Favorite boy’s name? Stonecutter
32. What’s in your pocket right now? Wallet, Blackberry, pedometer, and two handkerchiefs
33. Last thing that made you laugh? Hearing the president won the Nobel peace prize
34. Best bed sheets as a child? Space movie-themed… maybe “Black Hole?” I had matching curtains.
35. Worst injury you’ve ever had as a child? My sister hit me in the nose with a chunk of ice and chipped the bone… no stitches, though, and never a broken bone.
36. Do you love where you live? I like it… a lot. I’d love it if we had more natural beauty and more “grounded” people.
37. Revenge of the Nerds or Fast Times at Ridgemont High? Revenge of the Nerds
38. Who is your loudest friend? The ones in my head.
39. How many dogs do you have? None. I only have sadness.
40. Does someone have a crush on you? Yes. But, I don’t know who, because it’s a secret.
41. What is your favorite book? Tough question, but for now I’ll go with Naked Lunch. I’ve been wanting to read that again.
42. What is your favorite candy? Reese’s cups
43. Favorite Sports Team? Ummm… I’ll go with the Steelers here, but I don’t really follow sports very well.
44. What song do you want played at your funeral? Richard Cory or A Most Peculiar Man… how many albums have two songs where someone dies back-to-back? I heart Art Garfunkel.
I love blue cheese. And Dr. Pepper!
I agree, blue cheese icky and there are too many good books to pick just one. Great meme!
I enjoyed reading your answers and getting to know you a bit more. I love me some blue cheese, though. 🙂