Lynn is hosting a mini-challenge. She’s asking us to list five of our favorite childrens books.It’s hard to pick five, but here’s my quick list.
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe ( I just re-read this and loved it.)
- The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree (Fun story and great pictures.)
- Cat in the Hat (It’s a classic and I think I can still recite a lot of it.)
- Bunnicula (I had forgotten most of it until I read it again with my daughter. Great book.)
- The first Magic Tree House. I forgot the title, something about dinosaurs. (First book in a series that is fun and teaches you some history.)
I re-read all these with my daughter and they were just as good as I had remembered.
Thanks so much for playing along! I loved Berenstain Bears books when younger, and I love reading my son The Cat in the Hat (although I don’t like that the kids are left home alone and let a stranger in 😉 ). WAY TO GO making it so far in the Read-a-thon!
I don’t think I’ve ever read Bunnicula. Keep on reading 🙂
I’m so happy for you! I loved loved loved The Chronicles of Narnia – until I re-read them. I wish I hadn’t, they lost some of the magic that captured me as a tween. so, really! I’m glad they stayed true for you! I do love the movies, tho.
I love The Cat in the Hat & those adorable bears!
I loved all the Berenstein Bears books too!!
Now that it’s past midnight and our eyes are drooping lower, it’s time for us night owls to get our second wind! So here is a big HOOT from Alabama. Keep on Reading!!!! Just a few more hours to go!!!!
Go Reading,Go Reading,Go Reading!!!
the Transcendentalists team!
I loved The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe!
All the books you’re reading for this one sounds mighty cool!