I found these questions over at The Glamorous Life of a Housewife and thought they were fun.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. I love wrapping paper and bows, but sometimes I get lazy and go for the bags. Of course, Amber says that bags are the best ones to pick at gift exchanges, that they usually have the best stuff.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. I just sneeze too much around real trees. And artificial trees are more convenient and less messy.
3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? It’ll probably be January 2 this year.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, it’s absolutely delicious. Of course, my husband and daughter don’t drink it, so I buy the stuff in the carton even though it’s not as good as homemade.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Cabbage Patch Doll
7. Hardest person to buy for? Kerri, my sister-in-law.
8. Easiest person to buy for? David and Amber.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Not a full nativity scene, but we do have a gorgeous porcelain Mary, Joseph and Jesus.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Real mail. Most of our cards are from a design Amber drew at school.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don’t know offhand.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? This is actually a tough one. i just don’t watch that many Christmas movies. Maybe it’s the Muppets’ Christmas Carol.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I think I bought the first gift in September this year and then put the rest off until November.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don’t think so.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies! Especially sugar cookies cut into shapes and iced.
16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? Colored.
17. Favorite Christmas song? To be honest, I love them all. Okay, except one. I just hate “Mary, Did You Know?”
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We stay close to home. Both David’s parents and my mom live in the same town as us.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s? Yes.
20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? We have a punched tin star on our tree. It’s one I’ve had since I had my first apartment. I love it. It’s unique.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. Heck, we’re still wrapping on Christmas Eve most years.
22. Favorite children’s Christmas song? Rudolph. But I do like the one from the Grinch Who Stole Christmas – “You’re a mean one, Mr. Grinch.”
23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? My feet feel like ice cubes.
24. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like the old-fashioned Christmas theme, although it’s not something I do in my own house. I just collect things I like over the years, no rhyme or reason, but they all go together in the end.
25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day? We always have dinner at my Mom’s on Christmas Day. I think she’s doing Cornish hens this year.
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? A Kindle.
27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa? No.
28. Age you discovered who Santa was? I don’t really remember to be honest. I don’t think the Santa was a big thing at our house when I was a kid.
29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider? All, please, presuming the apple cider is hot.
30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? Traditional.
31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof? We have lights around the front of our roof, does that count?
32. How does Santa get into your house? Magic key.
33. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards? Both.
34. Favorite children’s Christmas Cartoon? Charlie Brown.
What about you?