We grill a lot in the summer. I love the taste of meat, veggies and fruit on the grill, it gets David to cook and not me, it helps keep the house cooler. A few days ago we had spicy honey-glazed chicken breasts that turned out pretty well.
Here’s the recipe for the chicken from Rachael Ray.
Spicy Honey-Glazed Chicken
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 4 pounds)
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until translucent and beginning to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the honey, hot pepper sauce and chili powder and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and set aside.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Rub the chicken with the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt. Grill until well marked, about 7 minutes. Flip and cook until the bottoms are well marked and the chicken is cooked through, another 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and brush with the reserved honey glaze. Cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
We served it with grilled pineapple and corn on the cob. Well, in the picture the corn’s cut off the cob, because that’s how I like it. David and Amber eat it on the cob like normal people.
Weekend Cooking is hosted by Beth Fish Reads and is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, fabulous quotations, photographs. Head over there to join in the fun.
Carol, that looks really yummy. Like I could just pluck it up and stick it in the fridge for dinner tonight. LOL
Yummy! It sounds pretty easy too. I’ve never had grilled pineapple, but it sounds really good.
Ohh, I’m starting to feel hungry again and I’ve not long eaten! I love pineapple and that meal looks delicious 🙂
You had me interested with the chicken, but had me sold on the grilled pineapple. Griled pineapple is truly one of the greatest things on earth.
Yummy! I am useless at cooking but I do feel hungry looking at the picture 🙂
Grilled pineapple…I do LOVE pineapple and you got me really interested now
That looks delicious!
Yummo! This looks fantastic. I loved grilled pineapple. Another favorite is grilled mushrooms with BBQ sauce. Ok, now I’m getting hungry. lol.