Today we’re talking about new-to-you (and me) authors! A Month of Favorites is hosted by Girlxoxo, Traveling with T and Estella’s Revenge. Today we’re linking up with The Broke and the Bookish for Top Ten Tuesday!
I’ve read several new-to-me authors this year, some of whom wrote books I absolutely adored.
1. Brian McClellan – I listened to the first two in his Powder Mage Trilogy, Promise of Blood and The Crimson Campaign and loved them. I’m looking forward to next year’s The Autumn Repbulic.
2. Jo Nesbø – He writes great mysteries. I’m not sure why I hadn’t read him before this year.
3. J. D. Horn – I read The Line back in January and gave it 5 stars. I think it helped get me back into reading some fantasy/paranormal books.
4. Jenn Bennett – I listened to the first two of her Roaring Twenties paranormal romances and really enjoyed them, even though they’re not perfect.
5. Nicole Michaels – I’ve only read one Christmas romance so far this year and she wrote it. I might have been pre-disposed to like it, but so what.
6. Andrew Lahn – He wrote one of the more interesting mysteries I read this year, Caught Dead. It stood out because of the cultures of those involved more than the actual mystery.
7. Franco di Mare – The Paradise of Devils was an interesting story about how people’s lives can take twists they never saw coming. It’s also a great explorations of Naples itself.
8. Willy Claflin – I thougth The Little Moose Who Couldn’t Go to Sleep was just too cute.
9. David Brunsworth – Southern Heat his all the right notes from me, from setting to characters to the mystery itself.
10. Beth Moore – She’s a well-known Christian writer, so while she was not necessarily new to me, I think this is the first time I’ve read one of her books.
Who’s on your list?