I’m joining in in the 2015 Cloak & Dagger Mystery Reading Challenge this year. Our wonderful host is Amy at A Bookish Girl. Effective April, our host is Elizabeth at Thoughts from an Evil Overlord. I’m so happy she picked up the challenge.
- The challenge starts January 1, 2015 and ends December 31, 2015.
- You can read any novel, short story or author just so that the genre is mystery/crime/thriller.
- 1 novel counts as 1 novel (1 novel is anything over 100 pages) of course but you will have to read 5 short stories to count as 1 novel.
I think my goal is 20.
Any genre, length, or format of book counts. Doesn’t matter when it was published either. E-books, short stories, novellas, or ARC’s are also allowed. There are many ways to do this, but here are two most common (and easiest):
- Write (or type and print) out the title & author of each book on your TBR Jar list.
- Fill out each slip of paper with various genre’s, places, formats, etc of a book you can think of (and know you have a copy of). Here are some examples: Book 400+ pages long, Written in the 20th Century, Takes place in a different country, Male main character, Non-fiction book, Debut Author, Science-Fiction novel, What the Dickens!, etc!
I’m going with option one.
My goal is 12 books from the jar, one per month.
The Challenge: Read any non-fiction book(s), adult or young adult. That’s it. You can choose anything. Memoirs? Yes. History? Yes. Travel? Yes. You get the idea? Absolutely anything that is classified as non-fiction counts for this challenge.
My goal is 6, which is the Explorer level. I haven’t read much nonfiction lately, so this will be good for me.
You can follow my progress on my 2015 Reading Challenge page.