I found a list of the birthdates of some notable mystery/thriller authors. Here are a few of the February ones.
- John Grisham – Feb 8, 1955. The first John Grisham book I read was The Pelican Brief. I was in high school and we went to Disney World with band. I saw someone reading it on the plane and I picked it up as soon as we got home. I don’t remember if I bought it or if it was from the library.
- Andrew M. Greeley – Feb 5, 1928 Novelist, writer on religion and sociology, and Catholic priest. Wrote series featuring the mystery-solving priest Blackie Ryan and the fey, amateur sleuth Nuala Anne McGrail. I know I read a bunch of his books back when, but am not sure which titles.
- Sidney Sheldon – Feb 11, 1917. Another author I read in high school/early 20s.
- Georges Simenon – Feb 13, 1903. Belgian mystery writer, creator of Inspector Maigret.
- Margaret Truman – Feb 17, 1924. Missouri-born mystery writer and Harry Truman’s daughter.
- Ruth Rendell – Feb 17, 1930. I’ve read several of her Inspector Wexford series and her classic thriller, a Judgement in Stone.
- Elizabeth George – Feb 26, 1949. Author of the DI Lynley/DS Havers crime fiction series.
How many of these authors have you read?
Link up your February reads here:
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
I have read everything written by Margaret Truman, John Grisham and Sidney Sheldon and 1 or 2 by Andrew Greeley.
I don’t think I’ve read anything by Margaret Truman yet.
I’ve read at least one by Greeley, Simenon, Truman, Rendell, and George.