It’s the day! And I don’t work tomorrow. And I don’t have anywhere to go today. So it’s time to read. I’ll be trying to update this post throughout the day/night. I’m also on Twitter and Instagram.
1)What fine part of the world are you reading from today? And what time is it where you are? I am in eastern Ohio. The Readathon started at 8:00 a.m., but I’m starting at 10:00. I slept in a bit.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I don’t really have much of a game plan, but my Classics Club spin book is supposed to be delivered this afternoon, so I might read a bit of that.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I have an apple turnover to bake. And we’re ordering delivery or pick-up for dinner, which is about as exciting as food gets around here lately. Am I the only one who’s tired of cooking – and of doing so many dishes?
4) Tell us something about yourself. I’ve been reading a lot during this #stayathome time. I’ve still been going into the office Monday – Friday, since I’m the only one in the building, but there’s not much to do, which means a lot of reading time.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I actually for once having nothing else on the schedule today. And I don’t have to be anywhere tomorrow morning either. I’ve got a nice variety of books and can always pick up a new one for my Kindle if I feel like it.
The Goodreads group is doing a really fun Bingo where everyone has their own board. Mine is here: https://bingobaker.com/play/3089916/9959fc. A book can count for multiple boxes and for a book to count, you only have to read 50+ pages during the readathon.
I didn’t get Bingo, in part because I didn’t listen to 50 pages of Dune.
- The Cabinets of Barnaby Mayne by Elsa Hart (read final 127 pages)
- The Red House Mystery by A. A. Milne (239 pages)
Read Part of:
- Dancers in Mourning by Margery Allingham
- Dune by Frank Herbert
- How would you assess your reading overall? I am happy with my reading. I enjoyed the books I chose. I read over 13 hours, so I’m pretty happy.
- Did you have a stategy, and if so, did you stick to it? I didn’t have a strategy.
- What was your favorite snack? Chocolate raviolis – yum!
- Wanna volunteer for our next event? Maybe
I’m not doing the readathon this time, mostly because I forgot, but that won’t prevent me from cheering people on!
I like the Bingo board. Looks like fun.
Really, I have so little going on that I have thing’s like readathon’s and on-line plays marked on my calendar.
Really, I have so little going on that I have thing’s like readathons and on-line plays marked on my calendar.