The Reverse Summer Readathon starts now! I love the 8pm – 8pm eastern set-up. I won’t be able to read the whole time because I will fall asleep, but there’s nothing else on the calendar. I’m prepared: I’ve got my snacks, I’ve got my books, I’ve got food for meals and plenty of coffee and pop. Updates will be here at the blog, instagram (@carolsnotebook), or twitter (@carolsnotebook) or none of the above if I forget to post.
I’m in the middle of Who Killed Patrick? by Syl Waters on my Kindle and The Dark Forest by Cixin Liu on audio, so I’m starting with those.
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Eastern Ohio
- Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Maybe Without a Brew by Ellie Alexander
- Which snack are you most looking forward to? Jalapeno poppers
- Tell us a little something about yourself! I love mysteries, which sometimes makes my husband nervous.
- If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I did participate, I think. I won’t really do much different. I do like this timing better. I like being awake at the beginning and end.
- How would you assess your reading overall? Really good. I finished one book and am over halfway through two others. I didn’t listen to my audiobook much though.
- Did you have a stategy, and if so, did you stick to it? Nope, no strategy.
- What was your favorite snack? Probably the cookies I picked up from the bakery downtown.
- Wanna volunteer for our next event? Maybe.
- Who Klled Patrick?
- The Dark Forest
- Without a Brew
- Murder by the Book
- The Tiger in the Smoke
Time Read/Listened: 11 hrs 45 mins
Pages Read: ≈419
Books Completed: Who Killed Patrick? by Syl Waters
The next 24-hr readathon will take place August 24. I’m not sure yet if I’ll participate, since it’s our anniversary. It depends when we celebrate.