1. A breakfast sandwich is typically made with some kind of bread with egg, cheese, and some kind of breakfast meat. What’s the best variation on this theme you’ve tried, or what variation would you like to try? I like the simple scrambled eggs and cheddar on a bagel. I prefer them without meat, please.
2. A sandwich cookie is typically made with two thin cookies with some kind of sweet, creamy filling. What’s the best variation on this theme you have tried, or what variation would you like to try? Oreos are my favorite. Do they have mint ones, because those would be perfect.
3. A melt sandwich (such as a tuna melt) is typically some kind of bread with some kind of filling plus some kind of cheese, grilled or fried until the cheese is melted. What’s the best variation on this sandwich you’ve tried, or what variation would you like to try? I’m not a sandwich person really, but I have actually had a tuna melt recently. Tuna salad in a pita with cheddar cheese. I at half at the restaurant and took the other half home. I microwaved it for lunch the other day, apparently a little too long, and it must have exploded because when I went to get it there was tuna salad sprayed over the inside of my microwave. Should have used the oven. 🙁
4. If all you do is smear some peanut butter and jelly between two slices of bread, you have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. What do you do in order to make yours just a little better? Good Italian bread, strawberry all-fruit spread, creamy natural peanut better and slices of banana. Or just one piece of warm toast with peanut butter and banana slices.
5. What are your thoughts on sprouts in a sandwich? No thoughts particularly. It’s not something I do, because my husband and daughter wouldn’t eat them.
Play along at Friday 5.
Have a warm, fluffy, cheesy, savory weekend! Any sandwiches on your menu?