Today’s topic for “A Month of Favorites” is choose-your-own-theme for 5 favorites. “A Month of Favorites” is hosted by Girlxoxo, Traveling with T and Estella’s Revenge. Check out Estella’s Revenge for today’s link-up.
Five Favorite Fairy Tale-ish Books
1. The Flying Witch by Jane Yolen – an original tale based on the Baba Yaga legends. I especially liked the happy ending.
2. The Little Moose Who Couldn’t Go To Sleep by Willy Claflin – a great read-aloud moose tale told by a moose
3. That’s What Leprechaun’s Do by Eve Bunting – not laugh-out loud funny, but entertaining. Leprechauns can certainly be mischievous.
4. Wickedly Magical by Deborah Blake – a new take on the Baba Yaga legend. Not a perfect book, but a good opening to a series.
5. The Wizard of Oz by Frank L. Baum – it’s a classic, and I was surprised by how much it differed from the movies.