Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things encountered during the week, etc.) Head over to her blog to link-up.
1. I played in the Alumni Band at the high school football game on Friday. It was a lot of fun. Here’s a picture of me hanging out on the sideline (I’m the short one wearing boots) during practice and one of the alumni and the high school band on the field.
2. I had to get tires on my car this week. It’s particularly annoying because my lease is up in December, but I just couldn’t put it off. One of them had a bulge in it and David thought it might blow if I took it on the highway.
3. We’re going back to visit Kenyon again this week. This time we’re touring the art department and Amber’s going to have lunch in the cafeteria. It’s a pretty selective (and expensive) school, and I think she’s really hoping to get in. I hope she doesn’t get disappointed. Does anyone know anybody who went to college there? Any advice?
4. I’m trying a 30 Day Paleo Challenge that started Aug 26. I’m doing really well during the week and blowing it every weekend. Pasta is my downfall, and no, spaghetti squash or “zoodles” will not cut it.
5. I’m listening to Glass Houses by Louise Penny. This is one of my favorite series, but I haven’t fallen in love with this particular book yet. I’m enjoying it, but not as much as I had anticipated.
How was your week? Any plans for this week?