The Classics Club is holding its 18th Spin, but it’s my first.
The idea is to list 20 of the books on your Classics Club list before August 1 when the wheel will turn and reveal the winning number. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by August 31.
Here’s my list:
- Our Man in Havana by Graham Greene
- The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith
- The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wild
- The Circular Staircase by Mary Roberts Rineheart
- Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie
- Double Indemnity by James M. Cain
- From Russia with Love by Ian Fleming
- Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- A Judgement in Stone by Ruth Rendell
- The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John Le Carré
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
- The Nine Tailors by Dorothy L Sayers
- Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
- Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
- Orient Express by Graham Greene
- The Borrowers by Mary Norton
- In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
- Walden by Henry David Thoreau
- The 13 Clocks by James Thurber
I’m not really sure which one I’m hoping for. I think I’d enjoy any of them, which is why they’re on my list in the first place.
The lucky number this time around is 9. I’ve read several of Ruth Rendell’s series books, but this is the first stand-alone. I’m definitely happy with the spin.