The idea is to list 20 of the books on your Classics Club list before August 9 when the wheel will turn and reveal the winning number. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List by September 30. I’m glad we’re doing another one. I need a kick to get reading classics again.
My Book Spin List –
- The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
- High Rising by Angela Thirkell
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- The Blue Castle by Lucy Maud Montgomery
- The Odyssey by Homer
- Middlemarch by George Eliot
- In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
- Orient Express by Graham Greene
- Anatomy of a Murder by Robert Traver
- The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John Le Carré
- Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift
- Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe
- Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Walden by Henry David Thoreau
- The 13 Clocks by James Thurber
- The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
- Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather
- Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- The Mystery of Edwin Drood by Charles Dickens
Have you read any of these and loved them? Any I should hope the wheel doesn’t land on?
The spin landed on #18, so it looks like I’ll be reading Death Comes for the Archchbishop. I already have a copy, which is nice.